
Assalamualaikum.
It was on 17th of April that I finally decided to join this program. Each I time I was doing something, my mind kept thinking whether to go or not to go. It bothers me a bit but certainly in a good way. After I have made my decision, the 'burden' was not there anymore. And at that time, I said to myself "You're not going to regret it. It's a good thing. So, why should you?". I was going to have my BTQ (short for Basic Themes of Qur'an) the next day, saturday, the day the xpdc was held.
Since the night before until the next morning, I was completely clueless about what will I be doing in the programme. I don't have any experience at all. But I constantly said to myself, do I need to say that I don't have any experience? Even in the future? Well, this is the time. Go for it and you will not say that anymore. :)
After I had my lunch right after the exam, yanti, fatin and I went to sek. ren. agama sri pantai by taxi. The journey itself was quite interesting by the way. ehhe. the taxi driver was busy nagging at us about the attitudes of arab tourists, the traffic jams and the route that he was taking us to. We said we'll pay, don't worry. :).. Finally, we arrived (after our last resort of asking a local about the school's location). Alhamdulillah.
We went inside and sat outside since the surau was completely full. The kids were busy listening and responding to each and every question asked. (Primarys are better at responding than secondarys). After that, I joined one of the groups consisting of a few kids and 2 facilitators which were actually my beloved sisters of CFS. We get to know each other, asking about their ambitions. Mostly, doctors are the main choices. One wants to be a police, another one an entrepreneur just like her mother. After that, we had to go back to the surau and gather and then we had to disperse ourselves. *missing the kids*
After lunch,(which I didn't have because I already did so) we went for Zuhur prayer adn gather back for a briefing. It was raining and decided to begin after Asar instead. We went to the first location, Pantai Dalam. However, didn't manage to witness anything. There was some kind of ceremony was being held there. The curious faces of the residents were the only thing that made visible to me.
After that, we went back to the school and got ready to move on to the next location, Flat Seri Penara, Bdr Seri Permaisuri for the 2nd session. We had our dinner and had our Maghrib congregational prayer there. A talk was given to the residents. Alhamdulillah, they were supportive about it. Later on, we gather at the multi-purpose hall, where we were given a briefing about the second part of the expedition. I was quite nervous mostly because it was already nightime. But due to the will to do something good in the path of Allah, I will do anything. Seems like the surroundings was not that hectic compared to what had been mentioned during the briefing. It was said that teenagers especially like to loiter around. Sadly, there was nothing to be found by our group. Mungkin ada terlepas pandang. But other groups managed to find a few.
We gather back in the hall. Eventhough I was a bit dissapointed, I was still happy because my other brothers and sisters managed to find something.
I had a..I would not call it wonderful(because "wonderful" might sound as if I'm going for a vacation or something) but it was certainly one of the best experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I did not feel any kind of exhaustion throughout the day. I don't know why. I'm sorry I'm not that articulate especially when it comes to explaining detail infos of the programme. I really wanted to but I couldn't. I just write whatever that I remember and crosses my mind. Well, all the things that crosses my mind are memories and I'm glad I still have them.
We went back to CFS by bus. All was silent. Tired probably. I sat at the very back of the bus, pondering about the things I did and saw that day. Something that was new yet I was eager to experience it again some other day insya-Allah.

p/s: A videoclip which was played during the talk in the surau was so touching. It's something that should be consider to be watch by everyone..
**pics courtesy of sis nadia. thanks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment