Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

IT by Stephen King

it is written that this book was published in 1986. Just by looking at the sheets, you just know. And when I checked the Net, the book was also first published in the same year. Guess I'm holding one of the first copies!!!

It is a 1986 book. But only now that I think is the best time to read. I watched the movie when I was still young. The movie was out in 1990. I probably watched it when I was 7, which was 7 years later. I found the book at my college's library (beloved CFSIIUM). It was a huge shock. The whole of CFS should be thankful that the library is strictly a silent zone. If it wasn't for this, only God-knows-what would happen. To cut it short, without hesitation, I picked and borrowed it up. Eventhough I knew that I wasn't able (and still isn't) to finish it in 2 weeks time, with the feeling of 'selfish' and the feeling of not wanting it to be someone else's, I borrowed it. hehe.
For me, (please bear in mind "for me")it is a very much anticipated book to be read. I waited so long to read it. Plus, another reason was the book was hard to find. 1986!! hello!! And probably the person I am right now is also another reason.
The movie (with the same name) made such a huge impact that I am now officially a huge coulrophobic. Will always be, forever will be. Besides that, maybe because I am going through a pre-adult phase already and I think that I am ready. With the adult-y languages and vocabs of course. I used to read a few pages of Bag of Bones also by King. But decided to 'back off' instead.
I still couldn't believe I am reading it now. Imagine that you watched the movie like more than 10 yrs ago and it was the reason you've been carrying this hugely shameful type of phobia... and now you're reading the book.

"He see himself getting up and backing away..And that was when a voice--a perfectly reasonable and rather pleasant voice--spoke to him from inside the stormdrain. "Hi Georgie" it said. George blinked and looked again. He could barely credit what he saw; it was like something froma made-up story, a movie where you know the animals will talk and dance. If he had been ten years older, he would not have believed what he was seeing, but he was not sixteen. He was six. There was a clown in the stormdrain"

No comments:

Post a Comment