Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

A Rant in Ramadhan



this entry might look like i’m ranting without a purpose. but I hope we (including me of course) can take this for our betterment.
In what way you want to interpret this post, it’s your choice. In what way you want to judge me  of who I am, be my guest. It’s okay. Because to me in everything that happened, be it in the form of people’s actions that I don’t like, I still can get something out of it and I should have the urge to find something out of it.
Example, if I was scolded by someone for something I did, (but didn’t know at all about the consequences of actions that I might have on other people. and I totally don’t know that it might hurt people’s feelings. totally don’t know), at first I might be angry with her for not telling me  in a proper way. But in the end, I need to accept the reality that, she will not scold me for no reason. After all, I need to get the message regardless of the way she told me. Different people convey their message differently. And not all things can be conveyed in the manner that I want. It’s reality : even it is bitter, it’s the truth. accept it.

ADAB.

I can get easily frustrated when it comes to the lost of adab in people. Like Prof al-Attas once said “the malaise of the ummah is the lost of adab in man”. True, indeed.


I felt the urge to post something relating to this because since entering IIUM Kuantan, and since I’ve already attended a few events which some of them were formal ones, I see that even though it is a university that for sure, attended by Muslims, I can still observe the lack of adab by the students. I’m not blaming Islam for this matter. But I’m blaming the culture that we’re living in. I strongly disagree when people mix culture with religion. This is a major problem. And we still can’t differentiate between what is and what is not the true practices of Islam. And during this Ramadhan, you can obviously see this.

Yesterday, I went for an iftar jamaie. Which gathers first year students who are taking halaqah or study circle. Ust Hassan Ahmad from UMP was there to give a talk regarding Ramadhan, which I think was an interesting one indeed. The reminders were simple ones, the ones we often hear about. BUT, those are the ones that we often forget. Since the talk started at about 6.30, (the peak hour when people starts to get too excited to break their fast as if they haven’t had one before!) not many paid full attention. My friends were struggling to concentrate. We were in between of trying to concentrate and trying to “shhh” them off. It is really disappointing.


When Ust Hassan was ending his slot, he said, “Thanks for lending your ears even though not many paid attention.”  T.T


And even when a brother who was assigned to be the muazzin was doing his duty, some people were still having conversations. and brothers, you were laughing!  Can’t u just eat ur kurma and zip it?

lessons learnt : 
1)sabar
2)the ummah is sick and I have to do something about it!!


*this post was kept in the draft section due to connection problems, disabling it to be posted earlier. it was written on the early part of Ramadhan. the raw one was much more emotional. :p. so, I think there's always a hikmah hidden when there were connection problems. hehe. Maybe nak suruh chill down sikit and reflect back on the things that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment