I prefer not to own things that won't last long or doesn't fit with other things. Let's say if I want to buy something, I hope it matches or fit with anything that I already have. No need to buy new things just because the colour doesn't match. Contoh.
Btw, ever wonder why some of us are keen on keeping ourselves updated with the latest style of clothing, cars etc? Ever wonder why we keep on hopping from one trend to the next, leave our tudung wardina for tudung mawi? :P
Different people, different opinions.
For me, it is because we are still holding on to something that is temporary.
And these temporary 'things' can be in various forms, such as..
-People's and media's opinions or standards
-The trend itself of course, it's ever changing.
It's not that I'm 'haram-ising' others to drop off the trends totally. The issue is it's quite disturbing when your room is piling up with up-to-date things while others are living in poverty!! (extreme much?) hehe. We shop too much until one day, when that one trend is not so trendy anymore, it becomes junk and we waste.
We're too worried of what others might say, but we don't ponder on what Allah says about wasting.
"Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils,
and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful"
(Al-Isra' : 27)
See, we have Allah as our standards. If we start taking His words as our standards, trust me, you'll find the contentment. You'll be, "takpe lah" and just give your best smile. hehe
Everytime you busy yourself with these temporary things, you'll never attain peace and you'll search for more and more, and that's how you're hopping from one trend to another.
Well, this is how I observe and my personal equation. If you don't like this formula and would like to shoot me some bullets, please do so, in the comment box. *__*
Wallahu'alam.
Selamat riraye!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment