Mase cuti break b4 msk matrix dulu, time lepak2, tgh tgk mhi. saw this guy, Khairil Azril Ismail, a photographer, back then was exhibting his works at wei ling gallery. since i seriously love black n white photography, nak pegi sangat2. tapi x bkesempatan. but the most interesting part was, his works were on pudu jail. to me, what is more interesting than that? I've been there before. after it had been shut down and opened to public. but sadly, lepas tu dah x leh msk dah. I was attracted to this because, im the type who cares about the little things. espcly the things that most dont care about. you choose to work on the common things until you tend to forget that the little ones are the ones that contribute most in your life. The amazing thing done by the occupants were their drawings. I like the khat. then, I remember, when I went there (I was 7, klu x slp) I cld see the drawings on the walls of the cells. some were hard to interpret. all in all, they were beautifully sketched, drawn. artistic skills, abilities given by Allah to whoever He wants to. well, this is the review on azril's works by wei ling gallery. the reviews, sangat padan dgn minat aku. espcly this part "It is through photographers like Azril, who keep exploring 'unseen' areas of life, that allow us to carry on our lives knowing that whatever we are missing out on , or not seeing, is being 'safely stored away' in his photographs."
my friends know that I treasure memories. yg time aku ckp, rase cm nk lekat je camera kat kepala, so that we can record each and every single moment so that nothing will be left out. people like azril should be thanked because one day, who knows pudu, will be demolish. what is left (through the public's eye) is just dust. but to me, I'm glad that even at the age of seven, I had the opportunity to go there. owh, one more, I left my cap in the execution room. huhu. *images of the huge courtyard, the toilets are crossing my mind right now* previews of azril's shots, check out weiling-gallery.com
Salam,
ReplyDeleteSaya pun teringin nak pegi pameran tu, tapi tak sempat.
Sangat admire hasil kerja Azril.
Really different and brilliant, giving inspiration.