Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2009

New Moon Quotes


Maybe to some people, some of these would not be considered as memorable quotes, the same thing I felt myself too. But, these I would say, are my favourite lines and parts of the novel. I don't mind that they're too long. As you can see, most of them I managed to compiled only toward the few last chapters of the novel especially due to the eagerness to finish reading it as early as possible. Moreover, there's not much to be 'quoted' in the mid part of the novel because it mostly revolves around Jacob. I found it a bit boring and dreadful. Somehow, a bit interesting too because we get to know more about Jacob than before. I am so anxious to know whether Edward is going to appear again after what happened. Guess I can be happy now. ;)

-
Well,Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters . It's just something he does in the sun. Don't worry about it (pg 4 : funny!)

-Every penny I made went into my microscopic college fund. (College was Plan B. I was still hoping for Plan A, but Edward was just so stubborn about leaving me human...) (pg 13 : funny!!, aww edward)

-I folded my arms and made no move to get out of the rain. "It's my birthday, don't I get to drive?"

"I'm pretending it's not your birthday, just as you wished."
"If it's not my birthday, then I don't have to go to your house tonight..."
"All right." He shut the passenger door and walked past me to open the driver's side. "Happy birthday" (pg 15 : funny and smart)


-Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm--into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires. (pg 29 : scaryyyy)

-"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars--points of ligth and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything. (pg 514 : haiiiiihhhh)

-What if you sincerely believed something was true, but you were dead wrong? What if you were so stubbornly sure that you were right, that you wouldn't even consider the truth? Would the truth be silenced, or would it try to break through? (pg 527 : true indeed!!)

-"You love me," I marveled. The sense of conviction and rightness washed through me again.
Though his eyes were still anxious, the crooked smile I loved best flashed across his face. "Truly, I do" (pg 527 : *on the ground*)

-He really did want me the way I wanted him--forever. It was only fear for my soul, for the human things he didn't want to take from me, that made him so desperated to leave me mortal (pg 527,528 : What a nice dangerous vampire he is)

-This made no sense. "But they can find you," I reminded him.
"And I can take care of myself."

Emmett laughed, and reached across the table toward his brother, extending a fist.
"Excellent plan, my brother," he said with enthusiasm. Edward stretched out his arm to smack Emmett's fist with his own.
"No," Rosalie hissed.
"Absolutely not," I agreed.
"Nice." Jasper's voice was appreciative.
"Idiots," Alice muttered. (pg 533 : funny. and sounds familiar to me(the fist thing) ;p)

-"No!No!NO!" Edward roared. (pg 535 : sad. I am with Edward in this. I don't know why and Bella is so stubborn. Edward already said he doesn't care about Bella getting old. haih. Maybe because he wants Bella to live as humanly as possible. and Charlie maybe.)

-At the same time, I was hurting them more by staying human. Putting Charlie in constant danger through my proximity. Putting Jake in worst danger still by drawing his enemies across the land he felt bound to protect. And Renee--I couldn't even risk a visit to see my own mother for fear of bringing my deadly problems along with me! (pg 536 : but this part is quite reasonable and made sense too)

-
"In the interest of remaining inconspicuous," Edward saud, still talking through hus gritted teeth, but looking at Carlisle now, "I suggest we put this conversation off, at the very least until Bella finishes high school and moves out of Charlie's house." (pg 537 : he always managed to come up with good excuses and reasond espcly when it cms to smtg that Bella wants to do but he doesn't approved of, he always does. *I am seriously relieved now*)


-"Would this have gone better if I'd had time to get a ring?"

"No! No rings!" I shouted.
"Now you've done it," he whispered.
"Oops."
"Charlie's getting up;I'd better leave," Edwar said with resignation. My heart stop beating. He gauged my expression for a second. "Would it be childish of me to hide in your closet, then?" (pg 542 : FUNNY!!!)


-"Not that it matters. If you stay, I don't need heaven" (pg 540 : too much, isn't it? :) )

*see the huuuge gap? 29, 514. ahha.

done!


2 comments:

  1. amal!! jgn la wat dyna tergoda nk bce novel ni..xnk2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.
    amal x goda sape2 pon. hehe..

    yana bace sume ke quotes tu?

    cite ni x la jiwang je spnjg mase. amal suke sbb kte bleh relate gak la ngn characters dlm tu, normal people.. eventhough, of course ade vampires sume kn..

    n jiwang die, ayat2 edward lain dr lain. he is so smart, intelligent (dah la da smart, tambah intelligent plak lg.. haha)

    ReplyDelete