Ok, what got me posting 2 blog entries within 3 hours. In between revisions. Forgive me.
Since I was young, Sundays has always been a Read-the-Newspapers-For-the-Whole-Day Day.
We would have Utusan and NST and sometimes The Star too. But thick ones like The Star don't really caught my attention as it is usually full of ads instead of news. That's why it is thick, fyi. :P
But now, due to the condition of hard-to-get newspapers at the kiosk, (real ones I mean), you have to to get it online. Ironically, The Star is my favourite. since it is 'easy to flip' on the web huh.
But the issue here is, we didn't buy just 'one side of the story'. We bought Utusan, NST, Harakah, The Star and sometimes Metro too.
I've come to the conclusion that listening to both sides is very important. Just to listen.
There was this time when I flip through a few pages of this one newspaper. And all seems one-sided.
And when you read the 'other part of the story', it is the same.
Yes, you have to listen to both sides, but sometimes it is such a fatigue to hear both every single time because both won't seem to give it up. No signs of tolerance at all.
But not all of them should be categorised as that.
But sometimes too, some of it are obviously ridiculous that you don't even have to compare. Because you can simply make a conclusion and decide.
Well, sometimes it is easy to judge, sometimes it's not. And it won't end until Allah decides for it to end.
On the authority of Abu 'Abdullah an-Nu'man the son of Bashir, (pbut), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) say:
"That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoid doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honour, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart"
Related by Bukhari and Muslim.
All in all, in determining what is the true haq and what is the real batil is beyond my capability. My knowledge is limited. What I mean here is, of course, in my age, I already know what is right and what is wrong. But, some of the things that we think as right is not actually right. That's why I said I have limitations on deciding what is the absolute truth. Because absolute knowledge only belongs to Allah.
So, what is important now is, be good. Do what you're supposed to do as a servant. Only iman can safeguard us. Take care of your heart.
Because there is so much in this world that you can't put hope on to it anymore.
Because there is so much in this world that you can't put hope on to it anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment