Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Love Song


"Melodramatic meaningless love songs are like anesthesia when injected to any parts of the body. It induces numbness, it stimulates the soul to drown in weakness, it reminds the soul to be full of forgetfulness, and it makes the soul unproductive and infertile."*

well, I guess that's why I 'left".

once it felt (or at least looked like) like it would reduce stress.
I guess it did.
but only temporary.

and I found that you end up getting so into it, you forget about your true responsibilities.
No matter how much you justify that the lyrics relate so much closer to your heart.
in the end, I only find deceit.

I dislike temporariness, that's why I used to jump from one thing to another.

Jumping from one thing to another means, during each stop, I would say, "This is it. this is the absolute fun." No it wasn't. because another one would come. and you'll dwell into it, again, repeating the same cycle. temporariness, it is.

So, I was in a journey of trying to find solitude in something greater and would give some sort of everlasting feeling. but things went wrong (and at that time, I know what I was doing was wrong) and I didn't manage to find one.

For someone who was so attached to music, it was hard to let go. but as you go further, and you want yourself to be strong to face the existing and upcoming battle, I HAVE to let go, I NEED to let go. because I know that it's how 'they' are trying to weaken us. trying to weaken the potential of young muslims from moving further and striving the best out of what they have. and on my part, I can't be attaching to something melodramatic in order to be better.




But I'm not against music. I just changed my tune.

to me, the rule is simple : if it doesn't bring any remembrance to The One who gives you life, so leave it.

the rule is simple yes, but the struggle is not easy. but if the struggle is what makes you get closer to Allah, so be it. endure it. and ask Him to grant you patience. Allahu Rabbi.

getting closer to Him and knowing that He is close is worth the struggle. it will be hard, but just let yourself try and see where it goes. have faith! inshaAllah.


history.







*an excerpt from Br. Ameen Misran's article entitled Love's Deceit.

No comments:

Post a Comment