When you are placed in a certain classifications (be it based on your academic achievements, qualifications etc) and it is displayed for the whole wide world to see, do you tend to fall for it and get absorbed too much to it? Up to a point where you think it is the ultimate classification the world can make out of you?
Dean's list, first class honours.
Was I created just to worry about this? I would be lying if I said I didn't fall for this even in a slightest bit.
But I choose to get over it, regardless of how others might perceive me. It's not easy, but I have to. We all have to.
Honestly, I am not the brightest in the class. Not the one with the right answers all the time. Not the one who lecturers can easily recognised.
I might be the one who still searches for her field that she can work/perform the best in. I take this as a journey, no matter how society wants me to be. A journey while sticking to our ultimate purpose of life which are as an 'abid and a khalif.
In this after-campus life, sometimes these worldly things seep into your heart like you've never encountered it before. You tend to forget. All I hope is that when I forgot, and able to recall it again, I can appreciate it more and be closer to Him.
Allahumma ya muqallibal qulub, tsabit qalbiy 'ala deenik, wa 'ala to'atik

No comments:
Post a Comment